California DUI Resources
Trusted Member of the State Bar of California
Winner of the Witkin Award for Academic Excellence in Law School
----- Testimonials -----
The DUI Man saved my life! Thank you Mr. Bialys for all you did, I am eternally grateful! W.M.
I got my 2nd DUI in Los Angeles, and was scared out of my mind. Out of everyone I spoke with, the DUI Man was the most knowledgeable and sincere lawyer I spoke with. He got my charges reduced to a wet reckless, and saved my drivers license and my job! Thank you Michael!! S.Y.
I was very scared after getting my first DUI in October, but the DUI Man took care of everything from start to finish, and got my charges dismissed! No clue what I would have done without him, I will refer him to anyone I know that gets a DUI". F.D.
Read More Testimonials >>
California DUI CheckpointsOften Los Angeles DUI Los Angeles DUI arrests are made as a result of testing over the legal limit at sobriety checkpoints. Most would assume that if DUI charges and arrests are made due to a sobriety checkpoint stop that all is lost and there is no defense. This is simply not true.
There are rules and laws that govern how the checkpoint is run and how the investigation of the driver is conducted. Some of the basic laws governing the setting up and investigation of drivers at sobriety checkpoints are as follows.
2) There must be a turnout prior to the checkpoint so that people who do not want to proceed through it have the option to turn around. Most importantly these drivers cannot be pulled over based solely on their decision to not to proceed through the checkpoint.
3) There must be a random, impartial formula for stopping cars (such as every 4th car, etc.).
4) Safety conditions must be monitored at the checkpoint.
5) The length and nature of the detention must not be obtrusive.
6) The location must be reasonable, as well as the time and day.
As a premier Los Angeles DUI attorney , it is my job to investigate all of these factors in mounting an effective and aggressive defense. It’s up to me to make sure your rights, in this case your forth amendments rights (right to be protected from unreasonable search and seizure) are not violated. Let me do my job, especially when law enforcement doesn’t do theirs!
Let us be, “YOUR SUPPORT IN COURT.”
CALL US NOW FOR YOUR FREE CONSULTATION